Welcome Message

Welcome to the blog and site of Iowa Author Buzz Malone. I always enjoy hearing from readers. Please leave comments and send me emails to let me know what you think. Your opinions matter more than you might think. Your words inspire me more than you could ever know. To find out more about my writing and books, please click above on the book titles or email me at buzzdmalone@gmail.com

If you are looking for my Union Leader Blog, please go to http://theunionleader.blogspot.com/




Tuesday, February 26, 2013

New Review EXTRA

My newly revised novella, Silence of Centerville, has received it's first Amazon review since the big debut last week. The awesome news is that it is a FIVE STAR Review! The not quite so good news is that my revisions have left a few things to STILL be apparently desired. DOH! 

Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, you can't self-edit a thing to perfection, and a TOW headed kid will almost grow up believing that he has a TOE growing out of his head and screw up the phrase. Either way, for a novella that I had produced for local consumption at the time, I am very pleased that it continues to be appreciated by people around the globe. 

As a writer, I continue to feel like a miracle has occurred each and every time that someone reads something that I have written. When they actually enjoy it, well, that is the biggest miracle of them all. 


5.0 out of 5 stars A remarkably written story, February 25, 2013
By 
Amazon Verified Purchase
Frankie goes deaf at age 11, but suddenly his world is changed by more than just losing his hearing. He is not allowed to return to school with the "normal" kids, his friends desert him, his paper route is taken away and he is left with nothing. He is left with a world of books and silence.

The thing about this book that is unique, is that it is told in first person, but about that person only and his thoughts. He cannot hear what other people say so it is a book of what goes on in his mind mostly.
There were some lovely quotes, about what he wants - a friend, a companion worthy of trust.

I cried at least two separate times (sobbing in a pillow at one point).

I will point out that there were editing errors. Toe headed instead of tow-headed. A couple of others also, extra words inserted in a sentence that were most likely typing errors.

This was as adult novel, but perhaps it should be recommended reading at the middle school level. It is a good example of what it is like to have to be different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment