Welcome Message

Welcome to the blog and site of Iowa Author Buzz Malone. I always enjoy hearing from readers. Please leave comments and send me emails to let me know what you think. Your opinions matter more than you might think. Your words inspire me more than you could ever know. To find out more about my writing and books, please click above on the book titles or email me at buzzdmalone@gmail.com

If you are looking for my Union Leader Blog, please go to http://theunionleader.blogspot.com/




Sunday, February 17, 2013

ABNA Author Friends

UK Young Adult Author Jacky Gray
One of the really neat things about the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards are the forums. They give you an opportunity to talk to independent authors from around the globe and share experiences, ideas, and get a ton of great feedback.
I alluded to some of the really talented authors who didn't make it this year. One of them I'd like to introduce you to is Jacky Gray. Jacky is from the U.K. and writes some great fantasy fiction for young people. There are duels and knights and castles in her stories and everything to help the imaginations of young people flourish. Jacky knows a little bit about the subject matter too, having had a castle in her own back yard! I've read her novel Archer, and it is well worth the read.

Find out more about Jacky and her books by clicking here.
Find Jacky's books on Amazon by clicking here.
See the interview I gave to Jacky on her blog by clicking here.

If you are partial to historical adult fiction, then another author I met on the ABNA forums is Adina Alexander. You can check out Adina's book, A Tale of the South, by clicking here.

If Sci-Fi is your thing, then you should check out The Time Weaver, by Thomas Knight. To link to Thomas' book, click here. 

They say that there is a recognized magical number of reviews on Amazon that is very telling as to whether an independent writer is great. The magical number tossed about by literary agents is 60 to 70, because they assume that you run out friends and family after that, and most of the reviews are from independent readers.
At the time of this post, Maggie has soaked up some 118 reviews (4.5 star average out of 5) on Amazon for her book, Spirited Away: A Novel of the Stolen Irish. I can only tell you one thing for certain...it will soon be 119, because Spirited Away is on my 'to read' shelf right now. The fictional account was meant to draw attention to the forgotten Irish slave trade of the 1650's.

Link to Spirited Away by clicking here.

3 comments:

  1. hey there, Buzz! wow, thanks so much for the mention here. I am thrilled to have so many reviews on my book's Amazon page. LOL @ your use of the soaking photo. ha!!!! rock on, you hilarious man. love ya!
    Maggie Plummer

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the second time I've been to your site. Thanks for sharing more details.

    Also visit my web page ... dj matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie,

    THAT is a photo after my own hillbilly heart!

    ReplyDelete