Welcome Message

Welcome to the blog and site of Iowa Author Buzz Malone. I always enjoy hearing from readers. Please leave comments and send me emails to let me know what you think. Your opinions matter more than you might think. Your words inspire me more than you could ever know. To find out more about my writing and books, please click above on the book titles or email me at buzzdmalone@gmail.com

If you are looking for my Union Leader Blog, please go to http://theunionleader.blogspot.com/




Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Silence of Centerville Reviews

   In addition to the numerous reviews of Silence of Centerville on Amazon, I just discovered several more that have been posted on the literary site, Goodreads and they do not disappoint. Remember, if you haven't read Silence of Centerville or The Ghosts of Melrose, that both dramatic fictions will be available Thanksgiving weekend (Thurs. thru Sun.) free on Amazon in their Kindle versions. 
   Silence of Centerville received reviews like these from readers around the country due entirely to word of mouth from other readers just like you. With no advertising or public relations budget I have been able to grow my readership only as the result of people who enjoyed my works passing them along to someone else. It is an amazing thing for me to experience each and every time that I hear from someone, near or far, who has enjoyed something that I have written. 
   Thank you to everyone who has read one of my books and passed it on down the line or recommended one to a friend or relative. If we can generate readers and reviews like the ones below today, just imagine what we can accomplish if we ever get a literary agent or a major publisher and I can actually afford to hire a publicist and an editor!! Of course, then I might risk losing the handful of fans who read my books simply to be the first to find all of my typos and mistakes (and yes, they really do exist! A small group of folks actually relish in it, God love em'). Anyhow, without further adieu, here are the reviews...

Adriana rated it 4 of 5 stars false   
This is the second novel by Buzz Malone I have read, and he does not disappoint. He has a knack for creating such heartbreakingly sympathetic characters. As with Ghosts of Melrose, tragedy upon tragedy befell the central character, and just when it seems the situation has become hopeless, Mr. Malone pulls off a thoroughly heartwarming ending. The cynic in me might be tempted to say he goes over the top at the end, but the feel-good ending is far too pleasant to allow room for cynicism.
 
Robyn Echols rated it 4 of 5 stars false  
I liked this book, mainly for the portrayal of the characters. The main character goes deaf as a child. I loved how this book showed the impact on the main character, how his family handled this challenge, and the responses by his childhood friends and citizens of his community based on the prejudices of the 1940-50s. This was a great study in human nature, the best as well as the worst. My biggest complaint about the book was that there was too much rambling and repetition, but otherwise I recommend it.

Kenn rated it 5 of 5 stars false
What a remarkable book! Beautifully-written "memoir" of a boy growing up in an idyllic setting in the WWII era, whose life is suddenly and drastically changed. Sensitive and insightful beyond my expectations. I am struck by the personal glimpse into the nature of deafness, prejudice, loneliness, resilience, and the tenacious grip of hope, despite all odds. 
 
Canoe41 rated it 5 of 5 stars false
This was a thoroughly satisfying read. It was good to the last word. Buzz Malone used words to create visual imagery much as a fine painter puts paint to canvas. The characters are insightful and multi-faceted. I highly recommend it.
 
Linda rated it 4 of 5 stars false
Loved this book! I read it in less than a day cause I just couldn't put it down!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment